Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rat Hole, sweet Rat Hole

So that's that. The paperwork is supposed to be recorded today. When it does, our agent's going to give us a call and we'll go get our keys. This is the fun part- the keys are hidden somewhere on the property, and we have to find them. Apparently the selling agent isn't very local (local to Washington, just not local to Kenmore), and so he doesn't have time to actually hand our agent the keys or something. Sounds to me like neither of them ever want to see us again. Well, whatever. I guess I don't care so long as we get the keys. And then we'll give our friends the grand tour tomorrow when they all come visit us for Thanksgiving. Then the fun of trying to repair the place begins.

I'm actually very excited. I can't believe we own the house. I'm really looking forward to spending hundreds of hours fixing it up. At the very least, it'll be good stories to tell my grandkids when I'm older- "When I was young, your grandfather and I bought our first home, and let me tell you, it was a rat hole...."

Thanksgiving's just around the corner. Have a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment