Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gift Money

Here's my first post to the blog...

As the other half of the rat hole hopeful, it's been fun to watch the blog take form. Well, maybe not. There sure are a lot of hoops to jump through!

As you may have read, we've settled on a lender who came up with a pretty creative way to get us a loan. It requires 5% down and then we draw on the equity in the house to get that 5% back so we can repair the house. My father has been wonderful and given us most of that 5%. I deposited it into our bank account on Monday. Today I find that the bank has put a hold on the deposit! Not only that, the hold clears after our closing date!!! This really sucks!

I call the phone number on the hold notice letter. This person can't help me. Apparently banks use to be able to clear holds very easily. This person tells me it doesn't work that way anymore. She says to go to my bank in person and beg. I'm gonna go beg, but I might get pissy.

First, I shave. Haven't shaved in a couple of days. I think the bank might like me better if I shave. Plus, my other half likes it, too! Then I put on a nice sweater. The one I'm wearing is not so great. But it's warm!

I'm at the bank. I'm told by the "bank host" that a meeting with the manager will be a little while (half hour or more). Then he asks if he can help me. Apparently he's a vice president. Maybe everybody is a VP these days. I explain my situation. He says he'll take a look. A few taps on the keyboard and the funds are available. Sweet!!! I thank him, shake hands, and drive home.

It was a little anti-climactic. I really wanted to throw a stink, but he was really nice. It was far easier than the lady on the phone led me to believe. Maybe it's because I shaved.

1 comment:

  1. you probably smell nice too- that helps a lot in the banking world.

    good for you- that the money is ready. we're also ready to celebrate casa de rathole! Viva!

    ReplyDelete