Wednesday, November 16, 2005

City Hall and Utilities

I finally had some time in my schedule to go down to city hall and do some research. I should have done this weeks ago. City Hall planning told me about sub-division. It may be possible to sub-divide the lot in half in five years. Maybe. It’s really close. There may not be quite enough square footage and access could be an issue (the resulting second lot couldn’t use the driveway and would have to access the private road that runs next to the house). The lady I spoke with said that things could change a lot in five years, though. For example, the private road could become public. Or the lot size requirements may change.

The water and sewer utility told me some very interesting stuff, too. We will have to move our water meter service. This will cost about $2000. This doesn’t include the trench or line from the meter to the house. Connection to the sewer is a big one. $7205 for the permit and connection fee. Another $3500 for a contractor to connect from the sewer to the house. The gas connection and line would be $842 (not including the trench). I’m still waiting for information on electricity.

Needless to say, we won’t be jumping into the sewer connection right away.

I also found out today that we will not be getting another extension. The 25th is do or die.

And the lender is kicking herself for not using her regular appraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment