Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hurry up & wait... and hurry up...

Our lender called this morning. She's having a new appraiser do his thing - deadline Thursday. She tells me we could close on Friday. She asks if I have the insurance arranged. I said no. She needs the name and contact info today (by 3:00)! I had gotten a quote a couple of weeks ago, she said it was high and that she'd get me the name of a guy to get a new quote from. She hadn't done that, yet. I talk to her new insurance guy today. He gives me a quote of $2549 a year! Gulp! The original was $900! Regualr houses have insurance policies between $400 and $600 a year. Her guy was not so good at finding a good deal. But he is across the hall from her. Location, location, location. Now the lender has the contact information of the insurance company so they can submit a binder request. The insurance guy said he can turn that around in 20 minutes. Why is some stuff so easy?

We have to keep our Friday open, though. We just may close.

No comments:

Post a Comment