Thursday, August 11, 2016

Window Swapping

We have decided that the six foot window in the kitchen nook is too big (wide) and feel that we can make better use of the nook if the window is only four feet wide. I took the trim off from around the window, removed the window tape, and then removed the nails. I also had a couple of friends come over to help me lift it out. I used a couple of suction cups that my contractor lent me and also removed the slider window so that the window would be easier to move.

I put up some plywood over the hole for the night.

I put the new window in the next day. It was pretty easy.

Then we played musical windows. We decided that the windows in the additions should be in different places (centered on the walls instead of six inches off center). Since the walls were already framed, the only way to move the windows was to use smaller windows (which we have). So we shuffled the windows around and ordered one more four foot window. We had to take the new nook window out to execute this solution (so now there is plywood over the window again). But the window on order will be here soon enough. Hopefully.

1 comment: