Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hall Bathroom Fan/Light

The heating/cooling system duct work ended up bumping the existing bathroom fan and light fixture out of its spot (a register/vent replaced the fan). I've been planning on installing a new fan/light in the hall bath for a year or so. I feel like putting it in the shower area will help reduce condensation on the ceiling. I finally installed the new fan/light! It was really easy, and it works really well! I may just install the same fixture again in the master bathroom. I used an adapter so that the light is an LED instead of a florescent light.

6 comments:

  1. My bathroom lights also have a heat-fan switch...like it a lot..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat lamps are nice. We have one in the master bathroom.

      Delete
  2. how do you fix the hole that the old fixture left?
    cut some drywall the size of the hole and patch it in?
    and paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That's one way. But I think I'm going to add a layer of new 1/4" drywall to the ceiling and make it all look new without having to patch.

      Delete
  3. there you go!

    ReplyDelete