Monday, August 25, 2014

Fence: Part 7 - Rails and Pickets (No Stain)

The fence back by the shed is so decrepit that I've decided to jump into construction on the new fence. Especially now that the area has been cleaned of all ivy, laurel, and blackberry. I spoke to the neighbor and she was excited to get a new fence in that area. She even offered to pay for half of the fence!

I decided to put the pickets on the inside of the fence rails because I can install them with out having to go onto the neighbor's property and fighting with all the brush and junk. I also decided not to stain the fence on the south side of the yard because no one is ever going to see it. It's going much faster than the fence on the north side by the driveway!

The almost two-year-old enjoyed handing me screws and using the hammer to pound on the pickets. He knew about pounding on pickets because I had him help me repair some pickets on the neighbor's fence on the west side.

1 comment:

  1. boy! that corner Is cleared out.
    oh beautiful fence on the other side of the yard!
    i like your assistant...........

    ReplyDelete