Monday, January 30, 2017

Kitchen Exhaust Fan

I made an attempt to install a new kitchen exhaust fan. The old one still works but no longer has a way to vent outside since we put on the new siding. I bought a new exhaust hood that said I could use the fan as an in-line fan (meaning I could take it out of the hood). I wanted to do this so that I didn't have to tear out the cabinets about the stove.

Here is the new blower fan in the new hood.

Here is the location of the old fan. It's pretty disgusting.

Here's the old fan. It still works, but I don't really want to use it. It's pretty foul.

Turns out that the range hood that I bought can't have the fan taken out (at least not easily). So I bought a cheap in-line fan and install some new ducting. The results are not that great. The draw is very weak. The weak draw could be due to the fan, but I suspect that it's because of the flexible ducting that I used. There is just too much texture to allow for an efficient flow. There are also two ninety degree turns.

Oh, well. I'll fix it when I move the stove to the new location.

I did make an interesting find. When I scraped away the insulation from the spot where I cut a hole in the ceiling I found an old box of chocolates. I got really excited, but it turned out to be empty. I suspect that the old timers used this box to store cash (but who knows).

2 comments:

  1. huh! a chocolate box safe...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ortem Fans is the suppliers of best Exhaust fan for kitchen and energy efficient best portable exhaust fans with sleek and stylish designs for bathroom and kitchen. It Brings for your health and well-being an impressive collection.

    ReplyDelete