Sunday, January 15, 2017

Entryway Electrical

I completed installing all the electrical that is related to the entryway. This includes the doorbell (which is low voltage), the switches for all the lights, and the switched exterior outlet. I also finished framing around the service panel. I did all of the electrical in order to have a cover inspection done. The inspector spent thirty seconds looking at the area and five minutes chatting with me about various topics. I had been sweating the inspection and made sure everything was perfect because the previous inspector had been kind of freaked out, rude, and generally not helpful. The new inspector mentioned that the other inspector was new and kind of uptight. I had requested that the first inspector not come back when requesting my inspection. Needless to say, I passed the inspection.

Here's the doorbell before I wired it.

Here's the doorbell after I wired it. The light stays on all the time.

Here's the 16v transformer in the attic space for the doorbell. It attaches to a junction box.

Here are all the wires coming out of the service panel. I made them all look pretty so the inspector would be pleased.

Here all the wires for the light switches and doorbell.

I also cleaned up the wires in the attic space and labeled the junction boxes. 

I have to go under the house to wire the exterior outlet for the north side of the house. I was more difficult that I expected in some ways and easier in others. There is so little room down there!

Here's the 20 amp switched exterior GFCI outlet. I chose the side of the porch because it was easiest place to do the install. The location is also more protected from moisture and is also less visible.

2 comments:

  1. oooooooo, pretty wires!
    oh gee, you had to go under the house (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete