Sunday, November 09, 2014

Vent and Drain Pipe

I installed the sink drain and vent pipe today. I even ran it up through the hole in the roof for the old vent pipe. I think I'll add a little length to it so the exiting pipe is plumb, but it works for now. I also added some blocking in the wall so that I can install the old pedestal sink (we need a sink and I won't get to doing a nice vanity right away).


I also added a brace so that the three-gang box of switches and outlets is stiffer. I didn't like the flex that it had when I plugged into the outlets.


I've pretty much done everything I can do in the bathroom except install the tile floor and drywall. My next steps for the drain pipes is to go under the house and build then new drain lines. And then connect them to the old cast iron system.

I'm also looking forward to installing new insulation in the attic space and in the crawl space for the hall bathroom. That should significantly decrease the heat loss from that room.

3 comments:

  1. and there's mr. contractor taking pictures of himself again.
    like to see the bathroom progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is having a non-straight vent pipe up to code?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as there aren't 90 degree angles bends are okay.

      Delete