Monday, October 27, 2014

Love the New Shower

I love the new shower and tub. I'm generally pretty happy with all the decisions we made.

1. I love the controls on the Hansgrohe valve. Having the pressure and the temperature completely separate is nice. And I like the temperature override to prevent scalding. I can turn off this feature, but I suspect I'll leave it on until the kids are older. The shower head had a nice flow, especially after I removed the flow regulating O ring. The Eco-Air spray feels nice and doesn't splatter water all over the shower walls after it bounces off my skin.

2. I really like the tub. I cleaned it today using Bon Ami and a soft nylon brush (as directed by the manufacturer) and it was very easy. I look forward to taking a bath in it someday. It seems to warm of quickly and stay very warm.

3. I like the wall tiles, but I feel like we show have picked a higher quality and larger tile though. 3x6 tiles would have been nicer for suction cups and required less grout overall. I'm happy we went with a non-contrasting grout and tile combination. Everthing blends together and I don't dwell on the natural imperfections of tile installations.

4. I also regret not building in shelving for bottles and soap. My wife nixed the choice of having corner shelves. And I vetoed having inset cubbies/shelves because I was so paranoid of future leaks and water damage. We'll definitely be building inset shelving on the master bath/shower.

If you want to come over and try out the shower, let me know. ~_^

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i wanna try out your new shower!
    so what are you doing for your bottles and soap? could you hang something from the ceiling on a hook?
    do you have a moisture sucking out thingy in the bathroom still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some suction cup hooks and bins for the bottles. And we still have the fans in the room. We'll likely get a new one and position it above the shower. We'll also move the lights around.

      Delete