Friday, October 17, 2014

A Functioning Shower and Tub

I spent what time I had today installing the valve controls, trim, shower hardware, and spout. I also spent some time cleaning the tub, floor, and covering the big hole in the subfloor where the toilet will eventually sit. The tub was surprisingly easy to clean. Nothing really sticks to it: not tape, not mortar, not grout. Silicone does stick though.

The shower is now functional! I took the first shower and have to admit that it was perhaps the best shower I have ever had in my life! Going almost four weeks without one made this one extra special. My spouse also got to take a shower. She was disappointed in the shower's water pressure. I'll try to address that tomorrow. The shower wand has a flow control in it. Our two kids got to take a bath as well. They had a great time!


I taped plastic on to the floor to provide a little protection should some water find its way out of the shower. The plastic will help keep the subfloor dry and our feet clean. I also hung a new shower curtain that my spouse bought well over a year ago. It looks very nice!

1 comment:

  1. showering in the subway
    at stop next to mine
    be clean before i get home

    like the shower curtain
    a bathroom with a new tub, but no toilet, huh.
    oh beautiful fixtures.............

    ReplyDelete