Monday, September 08, 2014

Shed Extensions - Post Bases

I spent yesterday measuring, stringing, digging post holes, and pouring concrete footings for the post base brackets. My two-year-old had lots of fun going over and under the string lines. The extension on the east side of the shed will be ten feet long. The extension on the west side will be six feet long.

I found a broken off piece of t-post right where I was digging a post hole! The short plat drawing shows a fence in this area (a long time ago).

I bought the posts for the west side of the extension and am using them as guides for the post base brackets. It's nice to have something solid to make measurements from and hold the brackets in place while the concrete cures.

I had to built up the area about the post bases on the east side. I built the forms out of pressure-treated 2x4. I probably won't remove the forms (but I might). This whole area is just going to be covered in gravel and pavers.

2 comments:

  1. oh beautiful fence.
    but i don't really understand what it is that you are doing; well, yes, building a fence, but i don't really see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refer the the next blog post for a better understanding of this one. ^_^

      Delete