Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fence: Materials

Home Depot called and told me I needed to pick up the rest of my fence materials ASAP. I was hoping to use them as my offsite storage yard a while longer, but they want to close the will call ticket. I bought all the materials at once to get a zero interest deal and was told it was okay if I didn't pick up all the materials right away. I guess they expected weeks not months between pick ups. 

It took me most of  Sunday to get the remaining materials. It took two trips and the 500+ pickets maxed out the truck's suspension. I had the Home Depot guys drive a pallet (the pallet held 648 pickets) out to the truck so I didn't have to touch every picket twice. That was awesome. 



Now it's time to stain.

3 comments:

  1. and there they sit, waiting, waiting...........
    i hope you are able to get to the staining and construction forthwith.
    well, i think you are going to touch those pickets a lot in the coming weeks, haha. not just once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easier to stain now or when they become the fence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pickets will get stained before they're screwed to the fence rails.

    ReplyDelete