Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's not Weed, it's Grass

Out of the corner of my eye, I get a sense that something is different. I look to my left and stare at the "lawn". It doesn't look any different. But something is different. There's a very subtle verticality about the micro-texture. I walk over and stare some more. I still can't really tell if I'm seeing anything that would make our "lawn" more than a washed out, pine needle covered dirt pile. Then I see it. I bend down and when the sun is just right (yeah, what sun), I can see tiny grass shoots poking up.

We can't believe it! Grass! There are little shoots pushing up here and there all across the lawn. My mom was worried that the rain would wash everything away. But there it is. Grass. It will be interesting to see how patchy the grass comes in. Good thing we have a decent macro mode on the camera because there is no way we could have taken a decent picture from 12 inches away. We had to get 3 inches away to see the grass.

Here's another photo of grass. We think that this grass is not from seed but from old grass root left over from the old "lawn".

No comments:

Post a Comment