Monday, March 20, 2006

Gettin' Warmer

So, after several weeks of being freezing cold, it looks like the weather's going to start getting warmer. Thank goodness. I can't remember if we mentioned this in an earlier post or not, but we've been very, very cold in chateau rat hole. Stupid pellet shortage. If only our pellet stove was big enough to burn wood... Oh well. Thank goodness for the old, not-safe baseboards in the master bedroom and our travelling oil radiator. We've been doing a fair job of staying warm.

Anyway, we don't have any progress to report. It's the same old thing. As soon as the weather gets warmer, off come the walls and in goes the new wiring. Mwa ha ha ha. I can't wait.

We did have our first guest this weekend, though. He's a good house guest anyway, and I was surprised he actually agreed to stay in the rat hole, especially considered that the walls in the guest room are covered with nothing but a thin layer of duct tape. But he stayed, and it was fine. I guess our home is fit for human habitation after all! We have another house guest the weekend of April 1st, too, and I'm very excited. A college friend is visiting, and I haven't seen her for five years. Whee! We'll see what SHE thinks of the rat hole. *grin*

This week we get to put in some plants my spouse got from work-related stuff. It'll be fun to put them in, since the weather's supposed to be nice, and it's been a long, long time since I've played in the dirt (I don't count the trench of horrors!). It'll also be a challenge to figure out where they should go, since we're still planning on levelling the yard this summer, anyway...

But that's all we have planned. The rest is all non-house-related work. Next weekend we're going away to stay in somebody else's house. And I bet you it'll be warm.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were cold. Poor things! We would've had you over to warm up!!! You should TELL us! We can help alleviate misery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 AM

    If I can snatch some cheap airline tickets this summer for a long weekend in the Pacific Northwest (and some moisture!!) I would love to be a house guest in your duct-taped spare bedroom! Miss you lovey!
    hh

    ReplyDelete