Sunday, February 26, 2006

Home Show

We really slacked on the ol' posting this week. Oh well. There wasn't much time to work on the house- we both worked late, or came home and worked more. We did get our kitchen cabinets designed, though. Now we just need to decide whether or not we'll use natural wood finishing or if we'll paint them. I love the look of wood, but the kitchen is so small that I worry that it'll seem cramped and dark if we used the shades of wood I like. I don't like blonde or honey-colored woods. I just don't. But, they might look good painted, too. I'll have to see if I can get my spouse to post them later this week.

We also attended the Seattle Home Show last weekend. It was pretty good. We weren't in the market to buy anything right then and there, but we gathered tons of information. We saw tons of different kinds of windows, found out more about fireplaces, saw good lighting, saw fun doors, and got lots of information on tile, countertops, hardwood floors, millwork, etc. It was really great for idea-gathering. We wish, in retrospect, that we had taken more pictures, but oh well. That's what the showrooms are for, I suppose. Now we just have to find the time to do it.

I think our next part of the project will be to replace the cold water plumbing. That means we'll have to run it to more places, though, like the toilets, than we're currently running it to. Since it's been so cold, we've put off cutting even more holes in our walls. Hopefully we'll be able to get to cracking on that in the next couple of weeks, though.

I want to just skip right ahead to the kitchen. Shame on me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Definitely go to the kitchen! By far, it is the most important room in the house. You must cook, eat, and be merry! I totally support your decision to head into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete