Thursday, February 16, 2006

Inspiring Pictures

As mentioned earlier, we visited a tile showroom. There were so many beautiful tiles and patterns. Here are just a few that I photographed. We definitely liked the small tiles and are leaning heavily towards small hexagons or rounds for the bathroom.
































































Small tiles satisfy the OCD in my spouse and I (both for eye candy but especailly for installaion obsessiveness).

We also stopped by Restoration Hardware and a couple of other showrooms. While I'm not sure we'd buy from RH, it was great to browse through their showroom.

This hardware set had the best feeling handles/pulls. We really like the flare in the middle. I've seen some pulls that are a little more exagerated in the middle and they feel even better.







My spouse didn't like the ellipitcal knobs (neither did I), but we did like the round knobs in this set.









While we don't like chrome in the kitchen, these pulls could be nice.










This bathroom set was nice, and the lights adjusted! How fun is that! The escutcheons are rectangular instead of round which is a nice change of pace.







My spouse really liked the porcelain switch plates. She's found a bunch of other switch plates (in art nouveau styles) that are great, too.








We loved this door hardware. Stone River Bronze makes some amazing stuff! Rocky Mountian Hardware makes some great stuff, too. But they're a little out of our price range.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    You'd better be careful... some of those things are far too shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 PM

    I like the rectangular, brick-looking tiles in the blues and greens. Spiffy!

    ReplyDelete