Monday, June 20, 2011

Shed - Part 8: Wall Framing Unit 2

I got the framing itch yesterday and today. And now the walls are framed for shed unit 2. I'm still shopping for the hardware for the sliding doors so I can't really proceed on unit 1. Well... I guess I could start building the shelving in unit 1.

Never-the-less... I framed the walls. I'm learning a few things as I go. Like... make the front perfect and let the back side absorb the errors in tolerances. And unit 2 is approximately 3.5" taller than unit 1. Since the doors will be the same size, that means that the header for the doorway is bigger.

Framing for unit 2 seemed to go more quickly. That's partially because I only framed three walls (the fourth was essentially already built). All the 2x4's are assembled using nails, but I'm using screws when attaching the walls together. I'm also using screws along with nails when attaching walls to the floor.



Then next post will likely be about installing the rafters for unit 2.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:10 AM

    huh, there's a picture of the ladder, but there's no wee growth on it..........
    framing man is framing, yea!
    and the third part will be even taller, yes?
    k

    ReplyDelete