Monday, June 13, 2011

Shed - Part 7: Window

Installing the north facing window on the shed this weekend was the easiest part about the shed so far. I used Sunlite which is a clear twin-wall polycarbonate. It comes in 24"x96" panels and is 8mm thick (which is just under 3/8" which is the thickness of the siding). I'll be putting on trim around the window and along the corners of shed someday.



I used screws to attach the glazing to the shed. I cut little squares out of the top layer of the glazing so that the head of the screw was below the surface. Then I put a little piece of tape over the hole. You eventually won't see the tape or screws when the trim is on. I also taped the ends of the glazing panel. The tape will minimize condensation in the hollow glazing.


The sliding door comes next.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 AM

    oh, beautiful shed!
    come store for me
    my excellent stuff
    give me my door
    to keep out the rain
    and keep my stuff dry
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete