Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Washer and Dryer Move

I had to do a few things before moving the washer and dryer. Specifically, I had to install a new dryer vent, connect into the drain line for the washer, and connect the 110V and 220V electrical circuits for the washer and dryer.

Here's a photo of me installing the dryer vent. We're going to stack the dryer on the washer some day so the vent is located in the ceiling.


I'd show you photos of the drain line, but I hate going under the house enough as it is so... no photos. Instead here are some photos of the move.


Sadly, I found that I'd installed the 220V outlet too high for a ground level dryer. So, I raised the dryer. It's a dryer on blocks! It's actually WAY easier to load and unload the dryer at this height.


And here's a photo to of the empty entryway (formerly the utility room).


The next steps are to clean out the entryway and then move all our tools and other gear into the entryway to clear up space to work in the den.

No comments:

Post a Comment