Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Closet Plumbing and Drywall

The work on the closet continues...and now that the electrical is done, I get to focus on the plumbing. That means cold water, hot water, and a drain for the washer. I have to put in an emergency drain for the water heater too, but I haven't figured that one out yet. Here are some photos of the plumbing.
I used Sharkbite brand fittings this time. I've never used them before. They're more expensive, but they are really easy to put together. If I had used the Rehau fittings, I'd have to rent the installation tools for $25 a day. In the end, the Sharkbite fittings were cheaper.

After I got all the plumbing in the wall, I put in insulation (to minimize noise and to insulate the water heater room).

Here are photos of the washer/dryer closet.



And here is a photo of the water heater closet.

You may have noticed that I left some holes in the drywall where the plumbing connections are. I want to verify that there are no leaks before I seal up the wall. I'll patch the holes later after I've hooked up the plumbing.

And here is a photo of the other side of the closet wall (the den wall) before it was filled with insulation and closed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment