Monday, July 10, 2006

Quick Update

So, we haven't made any progress over the past couple of weeks. The 4th of July pretty much interrupted us, not that we were on a streak, anyway. And this week we're dog-sitting, so it's hard to get stuff done, too, especially when it's such a cute dog. *sigh*

That doesn't mean we're giving it a shot, though. This week and next my spouse will work on the architectural drawings we need to submit to a structural engineer, and then we can get this show on the road again. It's hard for me to believe it's almost the middle of July, and that it'll probably be close to the middle of August before we can really start to WORK on the house again.

In the meantime, we dug up some of the plants out of my parents' back yard. We'll see if they survive to be planted next year, after the yard is bulldozed. Speaking of yards, I think I'll crank up the lawnmower and see if it works. Even if it does, I'm not sure it'll mow well with all the mounds of garbage back there, but I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment