Thursday, May 11, 2006

Backyard Flowers

Here are some pictures of the flowers that are in our backyard. All of the pansies were saved from the front lot (which has been bulldozed). The pansies all seem to be doing quite well.


There are several clumps of poppies here and there that just came up on their own, too. All the poppies are yellow except one.

There are also forget-me-nots, blue-bells, buttercups, and a couple of others that I don't know the names of.

I've included a picture of the big happy rhubarb next to the driveway just because it's so big and happy! There is some more rhubarb growing in a tire elsewhere in the backyard. People keep telling us to harvest it, but it's so pretty just the way it is! Maybe we'll just take a couple of stalks from the around the edge.

3 comments:

  1. Rhubarb is nasty. I really hate it. But it is a pretty plant. And around here I would expect it to be healthy like blackberries.
    Hey- what's the name of the bush that is in bloom right now- it has dusky midnight-blue flowers? There are a bunch of them on Alki. I'm pretty sure that they're softies that wouldn't last 2 days of MT winter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... send me a picture of the bush/flower, but even then I don't know if I'll be able to tell you the variety. There's a lot of rosemary that's blooming right now. How tall is the bush you're referring to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tall- around 8 feet or so. Very pretty. I see them around here a lot. I'll see about a picture.

    Also there's a wisteria in the neighborhood that is probably 30 feet tall. Scary wisteria...gonna get you!!!

    ReplyDelete