Monday, January 02, 2006

Getting ready

Well, it's a new year, and we're almost there. We've packed many boxes already, and by the middle of next week, we should be totally packed and mostly moved into the rat hole. My brother's coming on Thursday- he'll help us pack, move, and do stuff to the house.

Speaking of the house, today we put in a shower curtain rod and shower shelf thingey to hold our soaps and whatnot. Sort of personalizing it, I guess, or at least making it functional. The gutters get put on Wednesday, and the new breaker box get puts in next Wednesday, on the 11th. We get to dig a trench three feet deep and three feet long for that one. Hopefully the appraiser will make it out by the end of the week, and we can get our money out, but as of right now we don't have any idea when or if that'll happen. Oh well.

We also bought some fabric for makeshift curtains, a shovel, and a ladder (the latter two have nothing to do with the curtains). We'll be set for a little while.

Now, if someone would invent a way for everything to be magically, perfectly packed simply by thinking about it, everything would be perfect. I know that we're not the first people to wish for that, nor will we be the last. This packing job is interesting- we don't need to pack everything exceptionally well, since it's going 11 blocks and not across the country, but we have to be very careful about what we put in each box, since there's no telling when the boxes will get unpacked. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. label those boxes very well. saves time on those midnight urgent searches for that favorite sweater.

    can you tell I speak from experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:28 PM

    If you two need help within the next couple of weeks, let me know. I should have the weekends free, and before I get bogged down crazy in school nonesense, I'd like to offer myself any way I can!

    I am SO excited about your little rat-hole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:29 PM

    If you two need help within the next couple of weeks, let me know. I should have the weekends free, and before I get bogged down crazy in school nonesense, I'd like to offer myself any way I can!

    I am SO excited about your little rat-hole!

    ReplyDelete