Sunday, November 27, 2016

Floor Complete

I'm done installing the floor. I first screwed down 5mm plywood underlayment (I did this to match the floor thickness of the existing floor in the livingroom). Then I laid down some 1/4" thick cork underlayment. I had just enough to finish the guest room. Then I cut and fit the bamboo floor planks, pulled them all apart, and then glued then together as I laid them down again.

Here is the floor cut and waiting to be glued.

Here is the glued floor.

Here is the cork underlayment in the guest room. I had virtually no usable leftover pieces when I was done. I had to screw down a few cork pieces because their curl was so unforgiving.

  Here is the finished floor.

Now I get to install the guest room door and start doing the trim.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed!
    And he cooks/bakes too!

    ReplyDelete