Saturday, December 27, 2014

Bathroom - Drain Lines

I spent Xmas Eve day installing all the new ABS drain lines for the hall bathroom sink and toilet. Then I tied into the old cast iron drain line. I had cut a section out of the old drain line on the 21st and capped the pipe until I could get back to the work.

Here is a photo of the 1 1/2" drain line with clean-out for the sink.

I used a couple of J-hangers to hold the sink drain pipe. Very handy things.

Here's a shot of the new vent pipe for the toilet. The vent pipe is 2" and it ties into the old 3" vent. The old 3" vent pipe connected to the old 4" cast iron vent pipe. I am not really looking forward to removing the old 4" vent pipe from inside the wall. It's really hard to cut. And heavy.

Here you can see the 4" clean-out, the sink drain pipe, and the 4" toilet drain pipe connecting into the new 4" drain pipe that connects into the old 4" cast iron drain pipe.

1 comment:

  1. ACK! you had to go under the house, you poor thing!

    ReplyDelete