Monday, April 18, 2011

Shed - Part 3: Wall Framing

I've been framing the walls for the shed over the last two weekends (maybe four and a half hours total). The west most piece of the shed will have a ceiling height of seven and a half feet. The next to parts of the shed will have three and a half inches more head space and seven inches more respectively. It was surprisingly easy to assemble the walls and tilt them up.



The shed will have a shed roof that will pitch form the front to the back. The rise is eighteen inches over five feet. I'll probably need to clean debris off once a year.


All the walls are pretty square. The diagonals at the top were about an inch different so I used a cable and turn buckle to square the top up. I may be able to remove the cable after the rafters and sheathing are on. That way I can use it on the other parts of the shed if I need to. Or maybe I'll install a 2x4 on the diagonal to lock in the squareness.


Here are a couple more photos of the shed from different angles.


I can't wait to do the rafters and the roof panels next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    yeah, i can't wait to see the completed shed with stuff in it! woohoo
    k

    ReplyDelete