Sunday, October 17, 2010

Digging Deep

We bought a 22 foot trailer for my spouse's mother to live in while she's here in Washington dealing with some medical issues. The trailer seemed to be a better buy than two months or more in a motel. We don't really have room in the house because of the work we're doing on it. (We've missed a few posts, but we're working on pulling out mildewy carpet, regrouting the bathroom, and a few other things.)

Here's a photo of the trailer in its new home.


A "Y" was installed for future use when the sewer was installed. Well, I guess this is future use. The digging was pretty easy since the location had just been back filled a month ago.


I had to dig a hole next to the main hole so I could stand in the hole while digging the other hole. I had to dig five feet down.


I used the trusty reciprocating saw to cut off the cap. Here's a shot of the elbow I installed.


Then I installed a five foot length of pipe up to the surface and did the hook up.


Now to fill the hole. (Wait, I just dug that hole yesterday!)


Here's the final set up. I laid a board down so that the hose from the trailer sloped nicely to the sewer pipe. No clogging of this system! *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:17 PM

    oh my!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should work fine, we did exactly that 3 months at a time for five years in the summer. At the risk of sounding crass I advise using the holding tank as designed and then dumping it as needed, black first then gray. Even if you are only using it for the sinks, letting it trickle just fills the pipe with filth and makes the whole area stink. Out here hooking a trailer into the sewer is a no-no, so discrete inquiries or an opportunistic stack of camouflaging wood might be a good plan. Now that you guys have the camping wheels you will have to come out to our Sapphire mine and dig for stones!

    ReplyDelete