Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Demo(n) in the Hall

Before I started working on the hall closet, I finished cutting the drywall in the doorway between the den and the utility/entry room.



The next work to do was to demo the hall wall to make room for the doorways that will give access to the washer, dryer, and water heater.

This is what the area looked like before I took a sawzall to it.


And this is what it looked like after the saw had its fill (more next weekend).


Big difference! There are two things that my spouse and I have noticed about this new void. First it seems to have made our bedroom door not so tight in its frame, and secondly it creates a sense of doom when we walk down the hall at night without the lights on. We like the non-sticking door. We do not like the dark forbidding feeling. We're pretty sure drywall and doors will take care of the dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment