Friday, February 20, 2009

Door has arrived!

You won't be hearing much from me, since I'm not directly involved in the actual work on the ol' rat hole these days. Being pregnant will do that to a person. So, the posting will be mostly left to my spouse, since my brother prefers to just do the manual labor and steer clear of blogging.

But, I wanted to give a quick update, as it's been a very busy couple of weeks and blogging time has been scarce. The outside wall (facing west, into the carport) has now been reframed and sheathed. Happy day! And the french door arrived today, so this weekend we'll pick it up and install it. We have a couple of guests in March, so it will be nicer to not have a gaping hole to the elements.

The floor has also been torn up down to the subfloor, and with that demo came the discovery of more old newspapers. We didn't take as many pictures as last time, but the papers (this time from about 1937) were just as interesting as before.

This weekend, aside from the door installation, an assessment of the floor levelness will be done, and steps taken to correct whatever we can.

My spouse will update with more info and pictures when he has a moment. I think we're making good progress, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment